Mark Sonder, MM, CSEP, VFC
CHIEF ENTERTAINMENT OFFICER, Worldwide experience in the strategic planning, development and management of multi-million dollar entertainment programs.
- Program and Staff Development
- Large Scale Event Execution
- Partnership Development
- Created an entertainment booking agency and production company that is a national leader in program services for concerts, corporations, associations, and facilities
- Provided entertainment for over 2600 events with participation from 2 to over 10,000 participants
- Provided talent to producers for the NBC TV show "America's Got Talent" with weekly viewership of 12 million
- Exclusive Entertainment Contractor for the Washington (DC) Convention Center
- Authored the full-length hardcover book, published in both English and Russian, on entertainment programs and operations, "Event Entertainment and Production" (Wiley & Sons)
MARK SONDER PRODUCTIONS ENTERTAINMENT AGENCY
New York, NY / DC/MD/VA / Atlantic Beach, NC 1985-Present
Mark Sonder Productions Entertainment Agency is an award-winning entertainment agency that delivers complete music and entertainment packages to associations, corporations, facilities, casinos, clubs, concerts, and events.
Chief Entertainment Officer
- Talent Buyer for private and public events
- Advance stakeholder relationships
- Develop and implement marketing programs
- Contract entertainment and support Rider requirements
- Oversee budgets
- Supervise and develop entertainment staff, sales representatives and employees
BETHESDA BLUES & JAZZ SUPPER CLUB
Bethesda, MD 2015
Senior Talent Buyer / Senior Booking Agent
- Responsible for the development and performance of entertainment initiatives at the 500 seat club
- Responsible for the execution of entertainment events and experiences while positioning Bethesda Blues & Jazz Supper Club as an engaging brand and entertainment destination.
- Responsible for selection and booking of headline entertainment acts
- Developed and continually evolved the entertainment strategy for the club in line with all revenue goals and strategic marketing objectives
- Managed pricing and ticket strategy for events ensuring positive ROI of cash tickets and effective yielding of comp tickets
- Oversees Rider requirements for the acts booked
- Provided recommendations for future enhancements of entertainment offerings to drive profitable traffic to Bethesda Blues & Jazz Supper Club
- Awareness of market trends as related to entertainment in the marketplace, as well as knowing which artists are routed through the Mid-Atlantic area
- Effectively managed the implementation and execution of entertainment events at the club.
FUTURE TECHNOLOGY COMPANY
Santa Barbara, CA 2013-2014
Future Technology Company was the USA's leading LED retrofit company in both the residential and commercial marketplace.
- Oversaw media and brand strategy campaigns.
- Executed public relations and marketing campaigns.
- Handled mass media exposure.
- Created strategic marketing strategies.
VIEWPOINT INTERNATIONAL® Event & Destination Management Company
New York, NY 1997-2006
Acquired New York City's full-service premier DMC. Custom designed and produced programs, special events, spouse programs, tours, transportation, show, and sporting program tickets. Contracted venues for meetings, conventions, trade shows, exhibitions, and incentives.
President and Chief Executive Officer
- Oversaw all departments of the firm, including programs, special events, tours/ticketing/transportation, sales, entertainment, and production.
- Facilitated operations & logistics with all stakeholders and/or prospective clients
- Developed and implemented all multi-day programs, contracted with vendors, reviewed company contracts and payrolls, supervised and developed staff, account representatives and employees.
Washington, DC Opened January 2008-Present
Recommended Entertainment Agency
- Supervised press and media opening, December 2007
THE TIMES CENTER
The New York Times Center, NY, NY Opened October 2007-2010
Official Audio Visual Supplier
- Supplied a wide variety of audiovisual needs for a diverse clientele
THE WASHINGTON CONVENTION CENTER
District of Columbia 2000-2001
Official Entertainment Contractor
- Provided high-quality entertainment, customized for the needs of the convention center's clients
Presented at over 70 national and international meetings, conventions, trade shows and expositions on topics related to entertainment programs and/or production.
- Book, "Event Entertainment and Production," the definitive reference for the industry and higher education institutions
- Name mentioned and/or contributed to 13 books
- Articles published in over 40 magazines
- Interviewed for over 30 articles in trade publications
AWARDS and HONORS
- Received over 25 awards and honors
- Awarded The Super Six Award (inaugural year) for Best Special Event Planning under $100,000
- The Innovation & Excellence Award for Best in Event Entertainment 2017
- Holds record for producing the most amount of headline entertainers for a corporate event in the US as well as managing over 60 people for an event
- The University of Nevada at Las Vegas
- The George Washington University
- Stratford University
- Mount Royal University
- George Mason University
- New York University
- The University of the West Indies (Trinidad)
- Northern Virginia Community College
- The Special Events Institute
MANHATTAN SCHOOL OF MUSIC, New York, NY
- Master of Music (M.M.)
- Bachelor of Music (B.M.)
Earned the professional designation of Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP)
- Emeritus Status 2015
- Inaugural class 1993
- Association of Entertainment Professionals, (AEP), founding member
- American Independent Business Alliance (AIBA), Front Royal, VA affiliate, founding member
- International Association of Venue Managers (IAVM)
- International Entertainment Buyers Association (IEBA)
- International Festivals & Events Association (IFEA)
- International Institute for Sustainable Tourism (IIST)
- International Special Events Society (ISES), founding member
- Meeting Professionals International (MPI)
- North Carolina Presenters Consortium (NCPC)
- Vice Flotilla Commander, U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, Department of Homeland Security, Status BQ, Sector North Carolina, Fort Macon, 2018
- Attained Life Master Bridge Player status, 2017